Key Q4 Takeaways:
- Tax reform was enacted proving positive for equity investors but potentially introducing some idiosyncratic risks in credit markets.
- The market rally was strong and persistent into year-end as equities posted multiple new highs and spreads tightened to recent lows.
- The yield curve flattened as the Fed carries on with hikes, while the long-end of the Treasury curve is slow to digest the potential impacts of larger deficits, reversal of Quantitative Easing (QE) and labor inflation.
- Investors continued to show complacency as evidenced by historically low levels of volatility across most asset classes.
- Economic growth appears sustainable across most regions underpinning the strength in corporate earnings and asset prices.
Download PDF for full article